Celery soup recipe. Very easy and delicious celery soup with whiskey and Stilton.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 pound (480 g) celery,trimmed and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whiskey
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 3 cups (750 ml) vegetable bouillon
- 5 oz (150 g) cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- dash of cayenne pepper
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/3 oz (100 g) Stilton cheese
- 8 slices of roasted baguette
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add onion and celery and brown for a few minutes.
- Add whiskey and dry white wine and continue to cook over medium-high heat until reduced by half.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Stir in the cream
- Puree the soup.Add lemon juice and season with curry powder,paprika salt and black pepper.
- Pour the soup into four flat heat-resistant soup dishes
- Spread the Stilton cheese firmly on the slices of roasted baguette and place cheese-side up on top of the soup.
- Preheat your oven to 440 F (220 C).
- cook soup in preheated oven for 25 minutes.