Blackberry cocktail. Delicious gin based mixed drink.Very easy cocktail recipe.Adapted from http://www.nuggetmarket.com
- blackberry simple syrup (see recipe below)
Ingredients for Blackberry Simple Syrup:
- 2 cups \(500 g) fresh blackberries,rinsed
- 1 cup (250 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup 9250 ml) water
Ingredients for Blackberry Cocktail:
- 1 1/2 oz (45 ml) Bloom gin
- 1/2 oz (15 ml) Cocchi Americano liqueur
- 1 oz 930 ml) blackberry simple syrup
- freshly squeezed lemon juice of half lemon
- Club Soda
- fresh blackberries for garnish
- Blackberry Simple Syrup: In a small sauce pan,combine all syrup ingredients.
- Mix well and bring mixture to boil,stirring to dissolve a sugar.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until blackberries have softened.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Strain cooled syrup into container to remove a seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate.
For the Blackberry Cocktail:
- In a cocktail glass,combine gin, Cocchi Americano, blackberry simple syrup and lemon juice.
- Top with Club Soda and stir.
- Garnish with fresh blackberries.