Plum pudding. Very delicious and easy dessert recipe.
- 1 pound (480 g) mixed sultanas,raisins and currants
- 12 oz (360 g) prunes,stoned
- 5 oz (150 g) chopped mixed peel
- 4 tablespoons rum
- 5 oz (150 ml) light ale
- 3 large eggs,beaten
- 8 oz (240 g ) flaked almonds
- 1 apple,cored and grated
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 12 oz 9360 g) brown sugar
- 2 oranges
- 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 oz (240 g) shredded suet
- 6 oz (180 g) plain flour
- 5 oz (150 g) breadcrumbs
- In a large bowl,combine dried fruits and candied peel.
- Add 3 tablespoons rum and ale.Mix well and leave to macerate overnight.
- Drain fruit,reserving a liquid.
- In a mixing bowl,combine prunes,eggs,almonds,apple,mixed spice,salt,brown sugar and juice and grated rind of oranges and lemons. Mix well.
- Put suet in a bowl and work in flour and breadcrumbs.Stir in reserved liquid and add little more beer if mixture is to dry.
- Knead to dough and mix in all remaining ingredients.
- Tip mixture onto a clean,floured tea-towel and tie the corners together.
- Using a wooden spoon,suspend in a large saucepan half filled with boiling water.Boil for 5 hours.
- Drain plum pudding for 5 minutes before removing tea-towel.
- Warm remaining rum and pour over plum pudding.
- Serve hot with custard.More dessert recipes>>>>>