Slow cooker chicken korma. Chicken breasts with spices and vegetables cooked in slow cooker.Very easy and delicious recipe!
Makes 4 servings
Makes 4 servings
- 3/4 cup (80 g) sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds (720 g) skinless and boneless chicken breasts,cut into bite size
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 4 green cardamon pods
- 2 garlic cloves.peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ground turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- pinch of chili powder
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) boiling chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 5 tablespoons light cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garam marsala
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- saffron rice to serve
- In a frying pan,fry flaked almonds until pale golden.
- Transfer 2/3 fried almonds to plate and continue to fry remaining until they are lightly deeper in colour.
- Transfer the darker almonds to separate plate and set aside.
- Allow the paler almonds to cool.Grind them until fine in a space grinder.
- In a frying pan,heat the butter.Add chicken pieces and gently fry until evenly brown.
- Add a little sunflower oil to the fat in pan,then add chopped onion and fry,stirring,for 8 minutes.
- Stir in cardamon pods and garlic and fry,stirring,for a further 2 minutes,until onion is soft and starting to colour.
- Stir in ground almonds,cumin,coriander,turmeric,cinnamon stick and chili powder.Cook for about 1 minute.
- Transfer mixture to slow cooker.Add coconut milk,chicken stock and tomato puree.Stir well.Add browned chicken pieces and season with salt and black pepper.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 3 hours or until chicken is very tender.
- Stir in light cream,lemon juice and rind and garam marsala into the curry.
- Cover slow cooker and on high heat setting for a further 30 minutes.
- Check the seasoning,garnish with reserved fried almonds.Serve immediately with cooked saffron rice.More slow cooker chicken recipes>>>>>