- 1/2 cup (125 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80 g) packed fresh basil leaves plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 medium shallot,quartered
- 1 small cantaloupe,peeled,seeded and cut into 6 wedges
- 6 small fresh water-packed mozzarella balls,drained
- 6 thin slices prosciutto, halved lengthwise, gathered into ruffle
- 6 8-inch (15-20 cm) bamboo skewers
- In a blender or food processor,combine fresh basil leaves,olive oil and shallot. Process until basil and shallot are finely chopped.Set aside.
- Cut each cantaloupe wedge crosswise in half.
- Cut drained mozzarella balls into 6 cubes.
- Tread alternative 1 cantaloupe piece,mozzarella cube and 1 piece ruffled prosciutto.
- Arrange skewers on serving platter.
- Drizzle with basil-shallot mixture.
- Garnish with fresh basil sprigs and enjoy!