German goulash soup recipe.Easy and delicious soup with beef,vegetables and wine.
- 2 pounds (960 g) beef tenderloin,cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 small yellow onions,peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups (750 ml) water
- 2 cups (500 ml) beef broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry red wine
- 4 potatoes,peeled and cubed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add cubed beef and cook until browned.
- Add onion and garlic and fry,stirring.
- Add paprika,water,caraway seeds,beef broth and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil,then reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add cubed potatoes and simmer for a further 45 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and dry red wine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve German goulash soup hot.More soup recipes>>>>>>