Lamb,Carrot,and Green Bean StewTo cook lamb,carrot,and green bean stew you'll need the following ingredients:
1. 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine
2. 1 pound boneless lean lamb shoulder,cut into 1-inch cubes
3. 4 small white onions(peeled)
4.1 clove garlic(minced)
4.2 cups low-sodium beef broth
5. 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
6. 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
7. 2 medium-size carrots,peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes.
8. 2 small baking potatoes,peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
9. 2 tablespoon flour
10. 1 cup fresh or frozen cut green beans
Melt the margarine in large heavy saucepan over high heat.When it bubbles,add the lamb and stir to brown well on all sides-about 5 min.Using a slotted spoon,transfer the lamb to paper towels to drain.
Reduce the heat to moderate,add the onions,and brown,stirring often-about 8-10 min.During the last 2 min,stir the garlic.Add the beef broth to the pan and stir for 1 min.scraping up any browned bits.Return the lamb to the pan,add the dill and pepper,cover,and simmer for 20 min.
Add the carrots and potatoes and bring to the boil.Cover,reduce the heat,and simmer for 15 min.Blend the flour with enough of the hot cooking liquid to make a smooth paste,add to the mixture,and cook,stirring,until slightly thickened-for 3-5 min.Add the green beans,cover and simmer, to get lamb,carrot,and green bean stew, about 5 min or until the beans are tender but still crisp.
Cooking time for lamb,carrot,and green bean stew is about 1 hour.
THE BEST RECIPES