Potato and carrot soup. Very delicious vegetarian soup recipe.It looks hearty and refreshing!
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup (250 g) sweet onion,chopped
- 2 cups (500 g) carrot,peeled and chopped
- 4 cups (1 kg) sweet potatoes,peeled and chopped
- 5 cups (1.25 L) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- dash of cayenne pepper
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- Place chopped leeks into the bowl filled with water.
- Stir leeks to break apart and to remove dirt.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat butter in a large soup pot. Add chopped onions,leeks and carrots.
- Cook,stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped potatoes and cook for a further 1 minute.Stir in vegetable broth and grated ginger.
- Season with salt and black pepper,to taste.
- Bring mixture to a boil,then cover , reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Pour mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add lemon juice,cayenne pepper ,black pepper and sea salt to taste.
- Serve potato and carrot soup hot.