Oven baked buttermilk chicken.Chicken with vegetables and Parmesan cheese baked in the oven. Delicious!
- 2 cups (500 ml) buttermilk
- freshly squeezed juice of half lemon
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- half yellow onion,peeled and sliced
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic,peeled and smashed
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) chicken,cut into pieces,rinsed and patted dry
- 2 cups (500 g) crushed corn flakes
- 3/4 cup (180 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C)
- Grease baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl,combine buttermilk,lemon juice,hot sauce,onion,thyme,garlic and seasoning.Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces and coat with buttermilk mixture.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl,combine corn flakes,grated Parmesan cheese and remaining 2 teaspoons chopped thyme.Mix well.
- Remove chicken pieces from marinade,letting the excess drip off.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- More chicken recipes>>>>