- 1 white onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 1 oz(30 g) butter
- 1 stick celery,finely diced
- 1 potato,peeled and finely diced
- 800 ml hot law-salt vegetable stock
- 1/3 pound(150 g) blue cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Oven Cooked Celery and Blue Cheese Soup
Combine together onion,butter,celery and potato in a casserole dish.
Arrange casserole dish on high grill rack.
Set temperature of turbo oven to 428 F(220 C).
Cover halogen oven and cook for 5-8 minutes,stirring occasionally.
Add the vegetable stock.Cover and cook for 30 minutes more,or until vegetables are soft.
Once vegetables are soft,add the blue cheese and season to taste.
If you like a creamier soup,add 1-2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt or creme fraiche.
Using a blender,blend oven cooked soup until smooth.
Serve oven cooked celery and blue cheese soup hot.