Pressure cooker spiced lamb shanks. Lamb shanks,braised in dry white wine and cooked in pressure cooker. Lamb cooked in pressure cooker turns juicy and delicious.
Makes 4 servings
Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 lamb shanks,fat trimmed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large white onion,peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 large cloves garlic,peeled and chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- In a plastic bag,combine 1/4 cup flour,salt,black pepper,cumin and coriander.
- Shake well.
- One at a time,add lamb shanks to flour mixture and shake until meat coated evenly.
- Heat olive oil in pressure cooker over medium-high heat.Add 1-2 seasoned lamb shanks and brown lightly on all sides,for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer browned lamb to a plate.
- Add white onion to the pot.Cook,stirring,for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and any leftover seasoned flour.Cook,stirring,for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in dry white wine and water.Bring to a boil,scraping any browned bits on the bottom of pressure cooker.
- Return lamb shanks to the pot.Add bay leaf.
- Close pressure cooker and lock the lid.
- Set burner heat to high pressure.When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low.
- Set timer to cook for 30 minutes.
- A few minutes before timer sounds,preheat the broiler. Arrange rack over a broiler pan.
- In a small mixing bowl,combine remaining flour and yogurt.Mix well.
- Remove pot from the heat.
- Open pressure cooker,using Quick Release method.
- Using a tings,remove lamb shanks from pressure cooker and place on the broiler pan.
- Skim fat from the sauce.
- Stir yogurt mixture into the pot liquid.Bring to a boil. Continue to boil,stirring occasionally,until sauce reduces to the consistency of creamy salad dressing.Stir in fresh mint.
- Broil lamb shanks for 2 minutes,turning once,to brown them on all sides.
- Transfer broiled lamb on serving platter.Pour yogurt sauce over.
- Serve hot.