Pressure Cooker Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Pressure cooker creamy roasted red pepper soup. Delicious vegetable soup cooked in pressure cooker.An excellent soup recipe for vegetarians!
- 1/4 cup (60 g) unsalted butter
- 1 large white onion,peeled and chopped
- 16 oz (480 ml) jar roasted red pepper,drained
- 2 large russet potatoes,peeled and cubed
- 1 jalapeno pepper,seeded
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken or (for vegetarians)vegetable broth
- 2 cups (500 ml) heavy (double) cream
- salt to taste
- Melt unsalted butter in pressure cooker over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion,reduce heat to low,and cook,stirring,for 2-3 minutes or until it begins soften.
- Add peppers,cubed potatoes, jalapeno,Worcestershire sauce and broth.
- Close pressure cooker and set burner heat to high.
- When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low and set timer to cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove pot form the heat and open pressure cooker with quick release method.
- Puree soup in pressure cooker,using immersion blender.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Stir in heavy cream and simmer over low heat for 5-10 minutes.Do not boil.
- Serve pressure cooker roasted red pepper soup immediately.