Stuffed potato skins is excellent appetizer.Very easy to prepare. This recipe adapted from http://www.chef-in-training.com
- 6-7 small baked potatoes
- 1 cup (250 g) grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 g) unsalted butter,melted
- 3/4 cup (180 g) bacon,cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 g) sliced green onions
- sour cream to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Using a fork,poke holes in potato on each side.
- Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove baked potatoes from the oven,set aside allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Slice baked potatoes lengthwise and carefully scoop out the middles, leaving about an ⅛ inch of potato.
- Brush both sides of the skins with melted butter,and season with salt and black pepper.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven,sprinkle with grated cheese and bacon.
- Return to the oven and bake until cheese is melted (for about 2 minutes).
- Remove from the oven<sprinkle with chopped green onions and serve with sour cream.