Beef goulash is delicious Hungarian meal.Unbelievable flavor!
- 2 pounds (960 g) stewing beef,cubed
- 2 oz (60 g) pork dripping
- 8 oz (240 g yellow onions,peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 cups (500 ml) boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 oz (240 g) potatoes,peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 green bell peppers,deseeded and sliced
- 5 ripe tomatoes,blanched,peeled and chopped
- 5 oz (150 ml) dry red wine
- 5 oz (150 g) sour cream
- brown sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan,heat pork dripping.
- Add cubed beef and fry until browned on all sides.
- Stir in chopped onion and garlic and cook until transparent.
- Sprinkle in plain flour and stir into mixture.
- In a mixing bowl,combine beef stock cube and boiling water.Mix well until beef cube dissolved completely.
- Pour over meat and season with salt,black pepper,marjoram,caraway seeds,brown sugar and paprika.
- Cover tightly and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add potatoes and tomatoes to the pan,cover and cook for a further 25 minutes.
- Stir in dry red wine,bring to a boil,then reduce heat to low and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve with sour cream.