Slow cooker creamy broccoli soup. Delicious broccoli soup with cream cheese and cheddar cheese cooked in slow cooker.Yummy recipe!
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (750 ml) milk
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 onion,peeled and diced
- 3-4 cups (750-1000g) chopped broccoli florets (just the bushy tops - discard the stem.)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 oz (60 g) cream cheese
- 2 cups (500 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- extra cheese for topping
- In a large sauce pan,combine melted butter and all-purpose flour.
- Stir until mixture clumps up.
- Very carefully whisk in the milk until all milk has been added and a thick white sauce forms.Set sauce aside.
- In a slow cooker,combine chopped onions,broccoli,garlic,Italian seasoning and cream cheese.
- Add reserved sauce and chicken broth.Stir well.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4-6 hours.
- Uncover soup and add the sharp cheddar cheese.Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Stir until the cheese melts into the soup.
- Top with extra cheese and serve!