Slow cooker chicken fricassee. Chicken with dry white wine and vegetables cooked in slow cooker. Delicious and easy chicken recipe!
Makes 4 servings
Makes 4 servings
- 20 small shallots
- 2 1/2-3 pounds (1.14-1.4 kg) boneless and skinless chicken,cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) boiling chicken stock
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups,button mushrooms,stalks trimmed
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- Place shallots in a bowl.Cover with boiling water and leave to soak.
- Rinse chicken pieces under running cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- In a large frying pan,melt 1 tablespoon butter with sunflower oil.
- Add chicken pieces and cook,turning occasionally,until lightly browned.
- Using a slotted spoon,transfer cooked chicken pieces to slow cooker,leaving the juice behind.
- Stir all-purpose flour into the pan juices,then blend in dry white wine.
- Stir in chicken stock and add bouquet garni and lemon juice.
- Bring mixture to the boil over high heat,stirring,until thickened.
- Season with salt and black pepper and pout boiled mixture over chicken in slow cooker.
- Drain soaked shallots.
- Clean frying pan,add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and heat until melted.
- Add mushrooms and shallots and cook,stirring,for 5 minutes,until lightly browned.Place over chicken in slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 3-4 hours,or until chicken is tender.
- Using the slotted spoon,remove chicken and vegetables from slow cooker and transfer to warmed serving dish.
- Add heavy cream and 2 tablespoons chopped parsley to creamy sauce and whisk well to combine.Season with salt and black pepper,if necessary.Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables.
- Sprinkle chicken fricassee with remaining parsley.Serve immediately.
- More slow cooker recipes>>>>>