Seared scallops with saffron sauce. Sea scallops with delicious saffron sauce.Very easy to make!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter,divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 large sea scallops,patted dry
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- pinch of saffron threads
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet,melt 2 tablespoons unsalted butter and olive oil.
- Add sea scallops,sprinkle with salt and black pepper,and sear well on both sides,turning once.
- Remove seared scallops from the skillet and set aside,kipping warm.
- Add dry white wine to hot pan and de-glaze pan.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to wine to reduce by half.
- Stir in heavy cream and remaining butter.Once butter is combined,add saffron threads.
- Stir well.
- Return seared scallops to the skillet.Turn well to coat.
- Remove from the skillet and serve immediately.More scallop recipes>>>>