Pressure Cooker Bourbon Barbecue Chicken
Pressure cooker bourbon barbecue chicken. Whole chicken with Bourbon, BBQ and soy sauce cooked in pressure cooker.Very delicious!
For Bourbon BBQ sauce:
- 3 cups (750 ml) BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 oz (90 ml) bourbon
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups 9370 ml) Bourbon BBQ sauce,plus 1.2 cup 9125 ml) for glazing
- 1/2 cup 9125 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons lo-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tamarind concentrate
- 4 pounds (2 kg) chicken,cut into quarters,skin removed
For the Bourbon Sauce:
- In a small saucepan,combine all sauce ingredients.
- Mix well and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Simmer,stirring,occasionally,for about 5-6 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker,heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and cook,stirring until vegetables are soften,for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in BBQ sauce,water,soy sauce,grated ginger and tamarind concentrate.
- Add chicken,leg quarters first,then breasts,meaty side up,nestling chicken pieces into the sauce.
- Close pressure cooker and lock the lid.
- Set the burner heat to high.when the pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce the burner heat to low.Set a timer to cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove pressure cooker from the heat.Open cooker,using Quick Release.
- Preheat the broiler.transfer chicken pieces to oiled broiler rack.
- Bring bourbon-BBQ sauce in ther pressure cooker to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook uncovered,stirring,until sauce thickened,for about 3-4 minutes.
- Brush chicken pieces with 1/2 cup (125 ml0 reserved BBQ sauce.
- Broil chicken 6 inches (15 cm) from the heat until surface of chicken pieces is glazed (for about 2 minutes).
- Serve bourbon barbecue chicken hot with additional sauce on the side.