Oven baked chicken,mushroom and bacon lasagna. Chicken lasagna baked in halogen(turbo) oven.Very delicious lasagna recipe!
Makes 4 servings
Makes 4 servings
- olive oil
- 1 cup (250 g) sliced mushrooms
- 8 rashers lean bacon,sliced
- unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup (350 ml) milk
- 1 cup (250 g) cooked chicken,chopped
- 13 oz (400g) tinned tomatoes,drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- lasagna sheets
- 1 cup (250 ml) Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg,beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a sate pan.
- Add sliced mushrooms and bacon and cook,stirring,for 5-8 minutes.Remove from the heat and set aside.
- melt butter in a heavy saucepan.Add all-purpose flour and,using wooden spoon,stir well.
- Stir in milk and bring slowly to a boil,stirring.
- Add chicken,cooked mushrooms and bacon to the milk sauce.Stir well and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl,combine tomatoes,herbs and seasoning.Mix well.
- Start to layer lasagna by placing some of tomato mixture in the base of ovenproof dish,followed by lasagna sheets,then by chicken mixture.
- Continue,finishing with lasagna sheets on top.
- In a small mixing bowl,combine beaten egg and Greek yogurt.Mix well and spread egg mixture over top of lasagna.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and season with black pepper.
- Preheat halogen oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Place lasagna on high rack of halogen oven.Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.If it starts to darken on top,cover with aluminum foil.
- Remove baked lasagna from turbo oven and serve immediately.More lasagna recipes>>>>>