Fried sesame Panko shrimp. Delicious and easy to make. An excellent appetizer!
- 24-30 fresh shrimp,peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs,lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 g) Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 g) sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 4-6 tablespoons canola oil
- fresh lime
- Rinse peeled shrimp under cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Place in 2 separate shallow bowls all-purpose flour and beaten eggs.
- In another mixing bowl,combine Panko bread crumbs,garlic salt,sesame seeds and black pepper.
- Stir well and set aside.
- Coat the shrimp in flour and tap gently to remove excess.
- Dip in beaten eggs,then in sesame mixture.Set aside.
- Preheat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Working in a batches,fry seasoned shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serve fried sesame Panko shrimp immediately with a squeeze of lime.