- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound(480 g) cod,cut into 4 pieces
- 1 large tomato,halved lengthwise,cored and cut in 6 slices per side
Oven Baked Cod with Pistou
1.To make pistou sauce: Combine basil,garlic,olive oil,Parmesan,salt and black pepper in food processor.
2.Blend until smooth.
3.Arrange fish pieces in one layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4.Spoon pistou mixture evenly over cod pieces.
5.Turn fish over to coat in pistou mixture.
6.Put 3 tomato slices over each pieces of fish.
7.Preheat the oven to 400 F(205C).
8.Bake fish in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes,until fish is opaque.
9.Serve oven baked cod hot.